Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Not the best housewife

Is it just me or does everyone hate housework?  It just seems like there are not enough hours in the day.  I spent an hour and a half just folding laundry yesterday!  Time I easily could have used elsewhere and will never get back!  SO my most hated chores are as follows:

1) Unloading the dishwasher, once or twice a day minimum!  I have no problems filling that sucker up but unloading it..uugghh!

2)Folding clothes!  An hour and a half people.  I could have easily made a couple of cards in that amount of time and guess what... I have two more loads to do today!!  Once again I have no problem washing and drying....just the folding!

3) Mopping the floor.  Give me a toilet to clean any day, but mopping just plain stinks and what makes it even worse?  Five minutes later the dogs come in from outside and it is dirty again.  I mean this is really pointless when you have two dogs and twin four year olds right??  I can spot clean and vacuum the heck out of them but mopping?  Bleh Bleh Bleh.  Luckily I have a hubby who doesn't mind doing them. 

I guess I am just a frustrated housewife because doing the folding took so much time last night, but unfortunately somebody has to do it right?  I wonder when those girls will be old enough to put them to work?  Whoops..did I say that out loud??  Well, they sure are good at messing it up so someday they will have to do their part too!

Updates:  Matty is doing much better this week and I lost the two pounds I had gained back last week...so that makes things a wee bit nicer!  Me and those two pounds are really tight... I have gained and lost them probably 50 times!

So for all my club ladies, here is our technique for the month!  I call it a surprise card.  We saw this at convention and when the new heart punch came out I thought they would make a perfect fit!

Here's the front of the card:

lum

and SURPRISE!  Here's the inside:

lum2 

Here's the how to: 

1)Use your 1 3/4 inch circle punch and punch out two circles. 

2)Start at the edge and start cutting into the circle turning it as you go so that you wind up with a springed coil. 

3)Roll your mini glue dots so that you won't have any hanging out the sides and attach one end to the top of your card and one to the bottom of your card

4) Cover the glue dot with a heart if some excess glue dot is sticking out to prevent the card from sticking together.

5) add more hearts to the coil and voila a surprise! 

Imagine it with party hats for a birthday or butterflies! A fun card that is way more interesting than housework I'd have to say!

Ciao for now!  Deidre

1 comment:

MHorne5501 said...

I agree with you I hate housework. There's nothing more frustrating than getting the house clean and then the kids messing it up. The girls are old enough to help you with chores though. When Libby was 4 I started making her put her clothes away that I folded (of course it took me a few times looking over her shoulder to make sure she put them in the right place but now I don't even have to do that). Also I let her and Noah dust all of the furniture that they can reach. They still see it as a game. I hope that you are doing well.