Friday, January 2, 2009

Took a little break!

Sorry it has been so long since I posted! A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all! I took some time to bake, clean, wrap presents and do a little sightseeing while my Mom was here and enjoy the holidays! And unfortunately, I am still making Christmas gifts! Yikes! Poor planning on my part combined with not much stamping time will get ya! But be prepared to see some neat stuff over the next week as I finish them and get them out the door. Then I will consider this holiday season officially over..after I do my Christmas cards, I mean New Years Cards!!! Okay, so obviously that is my New Year's Resolution for '09...get projects started before they are due..not wait until the last minute and actually send out some of these cards that I make....then I will be a success!!! Ha! We shall see if it actually happens....

So a little Bikram yoga update....I am at way over 20 classes now and was able to wear a pair of jeans that a month ago I could not even squeeze into lying down....Total success. I still suck at it, but I can really see the changes and it feels so good afterwards that I really feel like I have found something that works for me...Yeah!

Christmas was great for the Mooney family..Joel got a wet suit and clothes for work, the girls got Barbie bikes with streamers on the handlebars from Santa..aka Nana....and have learned to ride them very quickly! So funny to see them race around on them, little legs pumping. They squealed when they came down the stairs at 6:50 Christmas morning...Santa came...Santa came...we did make the nice list! Not that they haven't given the naughty list a run for the money!!! It was close! So my great Christmas present was actually a two-fer. I got a new laptop! The keys on my old one were so worn that there weren't letters on them anymore! Plus, we were able to set my old one up for the girls to have their own computer station to play their Dora games and more so everyone got a great gift!! But also because of that, I have a lot of work to do to set up my new computer so I actually had to go back to my old one to start blogging again. I don't have the capabilities yet to put text on my images so....I had to go back to what I know! I will figure it all out soon enough though I hope!!

I wanted to share with you my favorite Christmas cookie recipe this season....man does Ree Drummond know how to cook! Check them out of you are looking for a great crunchy, yummy cookie! Perfect to dip in milk!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/12/spicy-molasses-cookies-seriously-delicious/

So I wanted to share all the fabulous handmade cards I received this Christmas season..they were all beautiful and gorgeous and I hope one of these days I will get my own out!!! Check out this slide show of them and welcome to 2009!

Ciao for now!!! Deidre

No comments: