Monday, January 12, 2009

Football anyone?

Okay so I enjoy watching a football game now and again but other than knowing that OU lost..heh heh heh and OSU lost..:( ........and the Chargers lost...another :(.. I don't really have much to do with it!  But this past month we have been invited to two Football birthday parties!  One for baby Ben who turned 1 and the other for Eliza who turned 5.  So, we had some presents to make and wrap as well as a few cards.  Now I really try and do a nice job stamping when it comes to gifts like this because you never know when a Mom there might want to start stamping with me!!!!  So one of the things I do, is I buy plain brown wrapping paper from the dollar store and have the girls stamp all over it with whatever the theme is.  This gives them a project and shows how anyone can do some stamping!  Sometimes I can't find the plain brown so I buy one with stars or whatever and stamp on it too!!!  Then I make a card and tag to match.  Since everything is acid free, they could use the card on one side of a scrapbook page and the tag on the other and have a layout for the party!  I also made cutie pie Ben a banner with the SU exclusive pennant dies which are so cool!  I didn't put many embellishments on it so that his Mom could reuse it in the future.  So here are the pics:

benbanner

Riding Hood Red decorator paper, Night of navy paper, and summer sun....easy peasy!

Here is the card I made:

January09 001

and here is the tag for the gift:

January09 002

I used a retired set from SU called Sporting Goods, the sentiment is from a retired saleabration set called Birthday Whimsy, the name from the retired rough edges Alphabet set and my wonderful White gel pen....as well as red riding hood, night of navy and choc chip inks...very easy and cool!!!

And now this one is even better..here is Eliza's card, since she is a girl how about some pink footballs????

eliza

Simple cute cards and you can do them for any theme!!!

I also used the polka dot background stamp on this and mainly regal rose cardstock with some rose red and pink pirouhette thrown in there. 

So we spent yesterday at the beach..it was a gorgeous day and Joel got to try out his new wetsuit.  The water was freezing but that didn't stop the girls from running in and out of it!  We had a picnic there and the girls slept like logs last night!  You can't beat the beach for a good night's sleep!

Ciao for now.....Deidre

No comments: