Friday, January 23, 2009

Not the bestest mama!

Hey everyone...sorry it has been a while since my last post. Joel had surgery again on his ankle this week and I have been single parenting it. He is doing much better, the first few days he had quite a bit of vomiting due to the anesthesia, so I had my hands full. The few days before Joel's surgery Matty had a stomach virus...so needless to say I have been seeing way too much stuff I would prefer to black out over the past week!

So, the girls really play together well for the most part, but everyday they have their share of tiffs and spats. When this happens, and they are really fighting about something, it is usually followed by the ultimate putdown, cut down phrase, "you're not my bestest sissy anymore!" That is the one phrase that makes the other one go beserk crazy! It is the worst thing that can be said to each other, and is usually followed by a timeout from Mom. I try to talk with them about hurting the other's feelings, blah blah, blah, and how would that make you feel, etc., but this usually falls upon deaf ears when they are so worked up. Usually after the timeout is over though and we have all hugged and made up, they are off to play together again.

So it really shouldn't be any surprise to me that after denying my daughter more cookies the other day and getting barraged with tears and screams; that I finally got the ultimate insult..."you're not my bestest Mama!" Ouch! Dagger to my heart! My comment back to her.."well kid, I am your only Mama and I said no more cookies." So, I don't think I had quite the reaction that she was looking for. Another typical day living with a 4 year old!

So on to a little stamping! A friend of mine recently had a baby and I made her little one a name frame and card that I am hoping to get in the mail this weekend...don't look Jodi, if you want to be surprised! Little E has a cute cowboy themed room, in pretty blues and browns, so here is his name frame....I just love doing these! Click on the pictures if you want to see them larger!

blog0907

Here is the card to match:

blog0903

and the inside of the card, since it is so trendy these days to decorate the inside as well!

blog0902

Can't forget the matching envelope:

blog091

I just love these colors together! Blue Bayou and Chocolate Chip... I mainly used the stamp set Nursery Necessities and Wanted, along with the large and small star punch, top note die and polka dot embossing folders. If you want more details on what I used you can always email me...I hope she likes it!!!

Ciao for now! Deidre

No comments: