Thursday, January 15, 2009

Window Lickers!

Maybe it is a 4 year old phenomenon?  I really don't know what to make of it, but my kids lick everything!  Despite constant talks about germs and cleanliness they just don't get it.  Now I will say that this house has way more glass, mirrors and windows then we have ever had before.  In fact, I was a little shocked when I came out here to house hunt last May and noticed all the mirrored closet doors.  I had always thought they were kind of seventies, bow chicka bow bow, if you know what I mean. I remember asking the realtor about them and she said in California those were very desirable and an "upgrade."  I guess people really like to see themselves here in SoCal, but I am more of a traditionalist and give me a 6 panel door anytime, not to mention cleaning them..Ugggghh!  Not my favorite thing for sure!  So here is what I find on a daily basis:

January09beach 033  

and this:

January09beach 028

I have gone through more Windex since I moved here than I did in 4 years of living in Georgia!  Still everyday I walk in to one of them licking or smooching a window...I just don't get it.  But wait.... it gets worse...we went to Yogurt World the other day which is our favorite place here....you can choose between 20 different soft serve yogurts and about 50 toppings and you pay by the ounce...my favorite is the green coconut!  Yum!  So we go to the bathroom before we leave and I am helping Matilda wash her hands, I turn around to check on Matteson who is sitting on the toilet and see that SHE IS LICKING THE HANDICAP RAIL NEXT TO THE TOILET!   Yep you read that right...... UUUGGGHHHH! Matteson also spent last night and this morning vomiting...huh..I wonder if there is a connection??? Can anyone please, please explain this behavior to me???  I just don't get it.  I live with window lickers....please God let this be a phase. 

So on to something a little more pleasant..another of the Christmas gifts that I made this year was a monthly planner for my goddaughter, Samantha.  I make her one every year and they are very easy and fun to do.  I buy the planners at the dollar store, they usually show up in November or December and I cover the front with paper and add an initial and some embellishments and ribbon of course....here is the one I made to match her stationary box:

blog09samantha 

This uses that yummy Always paper and the matching Always Stamp set.  I hope she gets good use out of it this year!  Here are the cards that I made to match her stationary box:

sambox3

and here are the ones that I made to go in her Mom's box:

loribox3

If you want the ingredients for any of these just email me and I will get them to you.....I used liquid applique to make the puffy frosting on the cupcakes and balloons.  Hope you guys like them!

Ciao for now!  Deidre

1 comment:

Claudia Perry said...

Hey woman :-)
I love your projects... as always! And about the window lickers, maybe you should try something like spraying something bitter on a surface at home that you know will be licked for sure... But then... don't take advice from me the dog parent LOL. I feel for you!