Sunday, September 27, 2009

Kathy Griffin is a hoot!

So for the last part of my birthday, (Joel says I can not celebrate any longer!) we went out to dinner and saw Kathy Griffin with our friends, Lisa and Jeremy. We had a great time and although you won’t see us when they broadcast the show in November (we were way up in the nosebleed section) ...you might just see Lisa and Jeremy as they were in the 6th row! She talked so much smack about people, but it was really funny. Lots about Levi Johnston, (Bristol Palin’s baby daddy, as she puts it) Britney Spears and Whitney Houston. She pretty much did not let up on them either, but the funniest, I thought, was how she stalked Barbara Walters into the ladies room to talk with her on “The View.” She does a great Barbara impersonation. Anyways, we had some good laughs and a great dinner with our friends in the gaslamp district of San Diego. It was a great night out!

Other than that not much going on around here. Here was the card I made for my stamp club last month. It uses a technique called “Sepia Photo.” It is very easy to do… just stamp with stayz-on brown ink and then paint in some highlights with vanilla craft ink. You can add some more lowlights with brown ink but I did not do that on this card. I really love this monochromatic look!cards 003

I am going to use this as my shoebox card for a swap I am hopefully going to next weekend, so I am getting some big use out of this one! Hope all is well in your part of the world!

Ciao for now…….Deidre

3 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

I bet that show was fun! I'd love to see live comedy someday...What a fun Birthday gift! Fabulous card too...love that technique..gives such stunning results! {SMILES}

Amy Watson said...

Love this beautiful technique!

frogers said...

This was my fav card of all times. Your others are good,but I loved this one the best.
Kathy has such a potty mouth, but love her anyway.