Thursday, September 10, 2009

Birthday Blessings

So it’s official, I am older!  42 now and it seems like just yesterday I was graduating from high school.  Man time does fly by fast and the five years with the girls seem like minutes.  They say the 40’s are the new twenties so I am going with that!  Although my sore body and grey hairs might disagree. 

I had a great day, got caught up on my errands in the morning, did a little stamping to get ready for an upcoming shoebox swap that some demonstrators here in the area are hosting, got to spend some time with my neighbor and her lovely daughter and get a little interior decorating advice as that is what she does for a living…and then out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants…Buca del Beppo’s.  Joel is not a fan of theirs but I am, and I had a coupon, so double score.  Since it was my birthday, I knew that was the only way I was going to get to eat there because it was my choice!  We had a mix of pastas and a gorgonzola salad but the best part was the yummy tiramisu…even Joel liked it and it was huge!  We all had bites and we still brought enough for 3 people home.  Big Yum-O! 

Joel is taking me to see Kathy Griffin at the end of the month for my birthday, so that should be fun.  I also found a piece of  furniture on Craig’s List that is going to fit perfect in my craft room closet and help me not waste so much space.  So going and picking it up without too much complaining was the rest of my birthday present.  I do not even want to hear the moaning and groaning I am going to get, trying to get it upstairs, (it is super heavy!!!)  but when we get it in, I will post pics for you guys!

Here is a little wall hanging I made for my two past club hostesses.  Hope they liked it.  I used the champagne shimmer paint on all the snowflakes to make them soft and shimmery.  I thought it turned out really cute!

tea party  09 067

Thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes… I know I am blessed to have you all in my life……

Ciao for now……..Deidre

1 comment:

Nikki Bond said...

Happy Birthday Dedire! Hope you have a fabulous one! Beautiful wall hanging too! {SMILES}