Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Kindergarten here we come!!!

Woohoo! I enrolled the girls in kindergarten today. Now how exciting is that?

Not much else to report as I have been sick this week. I ended up in the hospital on Monday and had to be rehydrated after a stomach virus all night. I took two liters of fluid and the doctor asked me if I needed to pee. I said "nope" and he said, "then you were really dehydrated!" But guess what that meant? I gained 3 pounds in one day, thanks to the plumping! I feel like those chickens in the TV commercial. And this was our biggest loser weigh in week! I am happy to report that I was down a total of 6.6 pounds though, even with my 3 pound plumping. I wish I could have weighed in before I got the IV's, but of course I wouldn't have been able to stand long enough to weigh myself, I was in such bad shape! I won't be the winner, two ladies have lost 12 pounds each; and one was my weight to start, so she will win the big jackpot. But, that is a pound a week for me and hopefully something I can keep up doing. Joel has promised me some "prize" money as an incentive if I make it to 140, so I just have to keep at it!

I made a few things this past week which are now on the way to their new home. One is for my friend Morgan who just had her 4th baby, a sweet little one named Kamryn Nicole. So I made a name frame for her and matching card. Morgan loves anything glittery and bright colors so I stepped out of my favorite, worn out, vintagey style and picked some colors that pop and will coordinate with Kamryn's nursery. Here is the name frame:














and here is the card I made to match:




















Since I rarely spend money on products that are not Stampin' Up, I don't have any Nestablilities or Copic Markers. Here is a great blog candy giveaway that I just couldn't pass up!
http://passionforcrafts.blogspot.com/

SO, if you are like me and don't want to spend the cash...go sign up for the blog candy maybe we can win some and not have to spend $$$!!!! Bona Suerte!


Ciao for now...Deidre

1 comment:

Claudia Perry said...

Hey Woman! How scary is that?! I hate that you've been so sick and glad that you are better now! Cute projects too...