Friday, May 8, 2009

Boxers or Briefs?

Hey everyone..I played a great game last night at a Mom’s night out that I got invited to, called Boxers or Briefs.  You roll the dice for a color and then everyone has seven cards that have different statements  in different colors.  You pick the one that you think is the most appropriate comment for that person and put it in the stack of cards in front of the person..they read them all and pick the funniest one and the truest one.  Whoever submitted the cards that get picked get a token.  Person with the most tokens wins….very fun!!!  Some examples of what the cards say:

“I am dead sexy”

“I don’t wear underwear”

“I don’t care what people think”

We had a ball..of course the mojitos didn’t hurt!!! 

SO I have been having some fun with a new stampin’ up tool….the stencil!  Check out what I have done with it..I think this is totally original…at least I hope it is……I haven’t had time to look at SCS lately so I don’t think I have seen anything like this anywhere else….I am very proud of my creations!

cards 023

I used a sponge and dabbed the baja breeze on the stencil first, then creamy caramel, then chocolate chip at the edges.  Creamy caramel was sponged all around the edges of all the pieces.  My favorite edge scalloped lace punch  and some beautiful wide grosgrain ribbon..I think it is lovely!!!!

Here’s a different take:

cards 025

and here is a different color combination using rose red:

cards 028

These also use the Friends 24-7 stamp set, and oval all stamp set and baroque motiffs stamp set.  Close to Cocoa paper and very vanilla paper.  Enjoy your day!!!

PS… on an exercise/weight loss note..I am down 5.5 pounds..one more week to go on my biggest loser contest…the mojitos last night didn’t help… but we are still going in the right direction!

Ciao for now….Deidre M

No comments: