Monday, December 1, 2008

Still learning!!!

So I am trying to get the hang of all this computer stuff.  I can't figure out how to add the watermark to my pictures..my dear friend Claudia is trying to help me so don't flame me for not having it right yet, ok? 

So I just got back from Bikram Yoga.  My fourth class!  I didn't pass out, have to leave the room or have to stop this time so woohoo..we are making progress.  For those of you unfamiliar with Bikram (and I was blissfully unaware before moving  here) it is 26 posture series of yoga in a room that is 105 degrees!!!  Yikes!  There are a couple of different reasons for this...first of all your skin is your largest organ and by making it sweat (profusely, I take that back..like a fire hydrant!) you are making it function.  Secondly, by working in a heated room your muscles are already warm helping to prevent injuries and doing the postures in a heated room also provides a cardiovascular workout.  Top it all off it is an hour and half class!!!  So the first time I went to La Jolla, home of all the beautiful people.  The room was really nice there as were the people.  I had to lay down a few times but finished the class.  Second time I went to Mira Mesa, which is closer to me and cheaper and a more diverse group.  I felt more at home here despite the studio not being as nice.  Fast forward to 10 minutes before class ended and I had to leave the room.  Couldn't catch my breath.  3rd Class...they had the heater off during the day due to work being done in the building, so it wasn't as hot..made it through with flying colors!  4th Class tonight..totally packed, totally hot and I made it through!!!  Wooohoo!  Progress!  Uh I still can't see my toes  in the front mirror when my leg is supposed to be wrapped like a snake around the other one..uh they are plainly visible because I can't wrap my legs!!!!   But slowly I am seeing some improvements.  There are some people there..I call them Yogi's..not sure what the official term is so forgive me..they literally look like they are flying on a magic carpet at times, with just one base leg at the bottom..absolutely amazing.  Will keep you guys updated if I see any progress!

So how about a card after all my ramblings???thanksgiving 004

This uses an old set from Su called Artifacts..it is one of my favorites!  It uses a great technique called emboss resist.  First on white Glossy paper I stamped the scroll stamp in so saffron.  Then on top of that I stamped the clock in versamark and embossed with clear EP.  heat set and then brayered over the top with really rust until the rust color was smooth.  Distressed the edges and matted on so saffron and mounted on artichoke which had been background stamped with canvas.  Sentiment is also from a retired set..can't remember the name right now and little clock is a charm that I have been holding on to for 4 years and finally found a place for it!!!  Hoarders Unite!!!

Here is another card for putting up with all my ramblings:

thanksgiving 009

All images copyright SU 1990-2008....Sanded background on vanilla in so saffron ink, Godspeed image (thanks Nancy!) Stamped in choc chip on sahara sand and then using some bleach and a small paint brush, bleached out some of the image..matted on choc chip and distressed that edge.  Then cut out summer sun ribbon and mounted it on top!  Great card for the soldiers..they are in our prayers everyday!

Enough ramblings for today!  I promise I will get the watermark thing figured out soon....

Ciao for now!  Deidre

No comments: