Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas is Coming!

Well we survived last week's outbursts...we seem to have one per day now so I am getting more used to them.  Can't imagine what life we be like when they are teens...hopefully they will  have developed some really good drugs by then so I can survive! 

We are enjoying an unusually cold and rainy day here in San Diego.   So the girls are watching Shrek which is their favorite movie right now.  I just finished ordering the last of my Christmas gifts online and I spent most of the morning packing up my club orders and finishing my club members Christmas gifts.  They are going out a little later than I wanted but I had to wait on a few folks to get their orders to me this time so I apologize about that!  They will all be airborne by tomorrow though and some went out Saturday. 

For those of you following my yoga experience I am happy to report that I have lost 3.5# now and finished my 12th class.  It is getting much easier to handle the hot room and I feel great when it is done so I am extremely pleased with how well it is working.  Joel says he can already see a huge difference.  Here is a link if you want to watch an interesting 60 minute interview with Bikram himself...I think the McYoga reference is funny, but San Diego is the first place I have ever lived that had it...click on the picture of Bikram and download the interview.

http://www.bikramyoga.com/ 

So here is a card that I did for my club's technique this month and my card swap....it uses one of my favorite techniques, reverse masking!  ccswap 

Basically you cut a shape out of cardstock and use that as a template to sponge your color inside your mask.  Here is a look at what my mask for these ornaments looked like:

blog pics 002

I used a 1 1/2" inch circle punch, a 1 3/8" circle punch and a 1 1/4" circle punch.  I also used the Top Note Die for the Big Shot.  I held the mask in place and stamped my snowflake background on each of the ornaments and then used a green fern branch from a retired set hostess set called garden sillouettes to look like a branch. I used Red Riding hood ink and cardstock, baja breeze ink  and cardstock, kiwi kiss ink and always artichoke ink for the branch.  I also used the set Short and Sweet for the sentiment. 

Here are some other cards you may recognize using the same technique..one uses an oval mask:christmas card

and this one uses a heart mask:

valentine

It doesn't take many supplies...so give it a try sometime!

Ciao for now!  Deidre

No comments: