Monday, March 2, 2009

Not Much New Here

Hey everyone!  Life has been pretty easy and simple these past few days.  We had a nice relaxing weekend and actually went to the pool on Sunday.  The pool is heated and outdoors, and although I wouldn’t say it was “warm,” it wasn’t freezing either.  It took the girls a few tries to get back into the “swim” of things.  There were a few surprised looks when they went under water the first few times, but they rose to the challenge and were swimming like pros again in about 15 minutes.  Matilda poor thing has no meat on her bones and she had to get out after about 20 minutes because she was freezing.  She tried a few more times but was pretty much done for the day.  They slept really well last night which was SO great, because this past month they have not been sleeping well and I am getting run down because of it.  I have been popping vitamin c and trying to get to bed earlier to try and fight it off, but unfortunately, I feel it starting to win!  Hopefully another good night’s sleep will get my resistance back up and in the game.  I did get some projects made last week that I thought I would share with you guys.  A good friend of mine’s nana recently passed away and she had a few of her friends that had done some really nice things like send flowers and be there to listen; so I thought she could use some thank you cards and sent her a few.  Her favorite color is orange and I really liked the way the tangerine looks with our basic gray…very striking together!  Here’s the card:

blogging

Stamps are cute and curly and eastern blooms.  I used the Curly label punch and three flower punch as well.  White craft ink, tangerine tango ink and a few well placed brads and some matching ribbon were all it needed.  And check out the embossed polka dot background…it’s SU’s new texture plates for the big shot…very cool!

I also had another baby gift to make for Joel’s boss’s new baby girl, Emily.  I always give a book that was my girl’s favorite…Moo Baa LaLaLa by Sandra Boynton.  The bedding in the nursery is mossy green with a white damask pattern and pink edging, so I was so excited to use our new Friends 24-7 stamp set that has the great damask stamp in it….Here’s the name frame:

blogging7

Here’s the matching card:

blogging3

and last but not least how cute is this bag that I put it all in???

blogging8

That eyelet border punch makes the bag look so classy and finished!  I just love it!!  And yes I cheated a little..I got the Martha Stewart Butterfly punch.  I thought it would be the perfect size to go with the new butterfly die for the big shot and I used a 40% off coupon….it just had to be in my arsenal! I especially like punching out vellum butterflies with it.  I thought this really made a simple .50 cent bag look fantastic!

Hope you guys are having a wonderful day. 

Ciao for now!    Deidre

1 comment:

Nikki Bond said...

So glad to hear from you Deidre! How are you liking Cali? Your creations on your blog are all beautiful and I'll be a regular visitor! Have a great one! {sMILES}