Monday, March 9, 2009

They crack me up

Matty to Joel yesterday:  “Daddy, what is your favorite color?”

Joel:  “ I really don’t have a favorite color honey”

Matty:  “Is it blue?”

Joel :  “I like blue, but I really don’t have a favorite.”

Matty:  “Is your favorite color lavender?”

Joel:  “I am positive my favorite color is NOT lavender!”

So funny!  Lavender?  I mean really?  This is not a word we use around here…why that came to her, I have no idea!

So I haven’t scrapbooked in a while, but I have wanted to do this for my friend Stacie (who just qualified for the Boston Marathon..You rock woman!!!) since last year, when her daughter Cole had her Elmo birthday party.  The twins also had an Elmo 2nd Birthday party, so I made 6 of these pages..one for each of the girls!

I put some pics of Cole on here before I mailed it off to Stacie and hopefully they will be able to use  it!  I actually sold the stamp set that I used to make this Elmo but I sold it without this stamp because I wanted to keep it around to make Elmo’s and Cookie Monsters and Oscar the Grouch’s in the future. It is so easy you just stamp the squiggly stamp around in circles and then add punches for all the features…. The stamp set was called Sketch it if you ever want to pick it up on ebay.  Here’s the left side:

blogging4

and here’s the right:

blogging6

I put three pictures cut down to fit on the red strip on the bottom of this page with one large photo in the middle.

My favorite part is the “2”  It is chipboard covered in black craft ink and then crustal effects and chunky black glitter in top..very shiny!!!  Here’s a close up:

blogging13

Here is a close up of the Elmos:

elmo

Circle punches were used for the eyes and mouth

a small orange oval for the nose.

Here’s Elmo 2:

elmo2 

I cut the oval in half for this one since the face was smaller, and used an oval punch cut in half for the mouth.

Hope your day is a good one!

Ciao for now!  Deidre

No comments: