Saturday, July 11, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane

Hey everyone…so we leave Tuesday to go spend some time in Oklahoma. Woohoo! I don’t know exactly what I am thinking, leaving 80 degree weather to go to 109 degrees, but sacrifices must be made! We are really looking forward to spending time with our family and friends and I can’t wait to get some serious stamping done with my sister in law! Other than that, I am sure we will be hitting up the always amusing, Bartlesville Kiddie Park…..home of rides a plenty, tantrums galore and cotton candy or snow cone highs, whichever poison you prefer! You can’t imagine the fun we will have sweating, swatting mosquitoes and dealing with screaming children and that WILL happen when they are up past their bedtime and haven’t gotten exactly what they think they need. Ahh, the sounds of summer!

So, I have been packing up most of my stamping supplies to take with me so I can make all my convention swaps and such while I am there. Of course I tried to make a quick gift for our new neighbors today and was missing something I had already mailed to myself in Oklahoma! DOH! No worries though, I made do!

Here is what I made this week for our little friend Thatcher’s birthday, which was today. His room is all Hawaiian cutie stuff so I thought he could use a surfboard name frame…now how cute is this? (YILM)

july cards 004

I had seen the petals from pick a petal before used as surfboards and I just thought the idea was fantastic! I had so much fun making this!

Here’s the card I made to match:

july cards 007

Now the only thing that would have made this card better would have been if I had an airplane button or brad instead of the corduroy button and believe me I looked through my stash; but alas, did not have anything. I did dye my red corduroy button to match by taking the kraft colored corduroy buttons and using a few drops of reinker and water and dying the button. Now how brilliant is that idea? (Thanks, Janet Wakeland!) Any color is possible with those suckers!

In case you are wondering how to make the clouds, I just used a scalloped circle punched out and used my sponge to shade around the edges of it onto the paper to create the edge of the clouds…very easy and adds lots of dimension.

So last but not least, Thatcher had a sock monkey party where the kids ate bananas and had chocolate milk! How fun is that? Here are the invites I made for his party….I thought they turned out really cute!

july 015

So there is Thatcher’s birthday in a nutshell. Hope you enjoyed it! I am sure the next time I post it will be from Oklahoma. Pray we have an easy trip!

Ciao for now! Deidre

1 comment:

Amy Watson said...

Safe travels--see you soon!! :)