Thursday, January 27, 2011

Half Marathon-DONE!! Another one on the horizon!!

So I finished the Carlsbad half marathon and although it wasn’t easy, I did not get injured and I finished in 2:01!  If I had been looking at my time ( I purposely DID NOT look at my time...I just wanted to do my best)  I might have been able to squeak in under 2, so I am so stoked and excited about it, that I don’t want to let all the training go to waste, so I signed up for another one!!  I figure, I actually kind of like running (up until about 7 or 8 miles..then not so much!!) and it’s beautiful here, so why not just keep going??  Here is a pic of me and my constant inspiration, Patty, who inspires me to do better every run!

carlsbad

Patty is a faster runner than me, which I have decided really helps you when you are training because you push a little harder just to keep up with them!!  She too, is a twin Mommy and I am so glad that she is my running buddy!!!  Patty had an asthma attack during the race and still finished in a  really good time so we both are excited to get another shot in 6 weeks.  Not to mention the fact that the shirt and medal they have developed for this race are just amazing….check it out:

safari half

tiger safari

So yes folks, I am doing it for the shirt and the medal and to get under 2 hours.  Madness, but you know what?  It keeps me moving!!!  I have 10 pounds left to lose!!

I wanted to show you guys how I decorated my house for New Years because I thought it was cute…at the last minute we decided to have a family come over for a low key New Years so I threw some decorations together and thought they were pretty good for not buying anything...here is the table..with the clock..get it??

new years 019

Here is my buffet near the front door:

new years 023

and for all the stamper’s out there, here is a cute card that I got in swap I recently participated in that was made by Dee Shore…isn’t it “unBEElievably” cute?

christmas 2010 120  

Ciao for now….Deidre

1 comment:

Angelea said...

You look great!! And I bet you feel even better. Inspiring me...