Sunday, February 14, 2010

So damn cute!

Usually it is Matty who cracks me up but this week it was Matilda.  She had on all pink and brown and we were trying to get her a pair of shoes.  I recently bought her some really cute brown leather shoes with pink polka dots on them and they would be perfect but we couldn’t find them.  Matilda says to me, “ Mom I really need to find those shoes because they are so damn cute!”  I almost spit out my coffee!  Her eyes twinkle like no ones business when she knows she is being ornery, so I had to stifle my giggles and give her my “that’s a daddy word lecture!”   Since she usually looks like a hobo wearing everything in her closet at once; it was really funny fashion commentary!

Matty did make me laugh earlier this week.  She wasn’t particularly enjoying writing her name on all of the Valentines and was telling me she didn’t have “time.”  I said, “well, maybe if you would work on your valentines when you get home from school instead of playing on the computer, you could get them done.”  She looked at me and said “that’s a really good idea, Mom!”  Yeah I know, Mom is very wise, young grasshopper!  I hope she will continue to take my guidance with the same enthusiasm ten years from now!!

So, like I said last week I did not get the kid’s valentines made this year but I did make some super cute gift bags for the girl’s teacher if I do say so myself.  These bags were 4 for $1 at the Target dollar spot and I stamped them up:

valentines 2010 007 

Inside of one was a package of cards and the other held one of my mailboxes.  She really liked them!

So Lily is just fitting right in with the family.  The girls love her so much!  We have been letting her sleep with us and we are all getting more sleep because of it.  She doesn’t take up much room so it works much better..if she gets restless it wakes us up and I let her out, if not we all sleep…win win!!  Here is a pic of her giving Nico comfort:

valentines 2010 001

and another just because she is so cute!

valentines 2010 026

We had a great relaxing Valentine’s Day.  I got 6 miles in this morning and we had some friends over for dinner.  It was another beautiful day here…hope your Valentines day was great as well!!!

Ciao for now……>Deidre

No comments: